Sunday, March 2, 2014

No Bread Challenge for One Week!

To get fit this season, before I have to fit into a bridesmaid dress, I am going to start eating better. But, I am not one to do anything cold turkey and force myself to eat bird food, essentially. 

The last few days I have been researching the harms of eating white bread and even whole wheat bread. Sources say, "the starches in bread get broken down quickly in the digestive tract and enter the bloodstream as glucose. This causes a rapid spike in blood sugar and insulin levels" and I'm not about that life! Especially since I have to fit into this bridesmaid dress by June.

Because of these findings I have challenged myself to not eat bread or any bread products for a whole week. That includes: bread, cereal, rice, crackers, chips, pasta and so on. If you know me, you know that I eat bread constantly! 

I am not trying to lose weight by doing this, rather to feel healthy and to sort of detox my eating habits. I don't know about you, but I hate working out and I especially don't like to workout while my body is filled with fast food, soda and all kinds of other junk that usually ingest. 

This week I will not be working out because I honestly don't have time to, especially with midterms this week. Next week when I start this process over, I will start to add in workouts!
My starting weight: 110.8 lb.

Please don't mind the beer and jello shots.
I won't be drinking alcohol for this challenge.





Grocery List Included:
- head of broccoli
- zucchini
- avocados
- cucumbers
- lemons
- 2 gallons of water
- coconut oil
- parsley
- tilapia
- lemon pepper marinated chicken
- tuna
- Jamba Juice smoothie kit
- eggs
- tomatoes
- milk
- Brookside dark chocolate Goji with Raspberry
- whole cashews

- feta cheese
- apples (btw this was a stretch bc I hate fruit!)

- organic yogurt
- Naked juices
- apple juice
- Kale and Spinach


                                    Wish me luck on my challenge feel healthier!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome! Keep me updated with everything you do, I'd love to get fit with you :) Good luck on a healthier life

    sashanicholle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete